The Effect of 12-0-Tetradecanoyl-Phorbol-13-Acetate (TPA) on Cell Transformation by Simian Virus 40 Mutants
The effect of TPA on the transformation of Swiss 3T3 cells to anchorage-independent growth by the tsA 58 mutant of SV40 has been investigated. At the restrictive temperature of 39°C, the combined action of the tsA 58 mutant and of TPA allows the formation of soft-agar colonies from Swiss 3T3 cells. No colonies were observed when either one or the other agent was omitted. Antipaín had no inhibitory effect on this phenomenon. TPA also stimulates the anchorage-independent growth of cells previously transformed by either the tsA 58 mutant or the dl 2112 mutant.
KeywordsSister Chromatid Exchange Wild Type Virus Restrictive Temperature Macroscopic Coloni SV40 Mutant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Daya-Grosjean, L., and Monier, R.: 1978, J.Virol. 27, pp. 307–312.Google Scholar
- Hozumi, K., Ogawa, M., Sugimura, T., Takeuchi, T., and Umezawa, H.: 1972, Cancer Res. 32, pp. 1725–1728.Google Scholar
- Kennedy, A.R., Mondal, S., Heidelberger, C., and Little, J.B.: 1978, Cancer Res. 38, pp. 439–443.Google Scholar
- Honda, S., Branrow, D.W., and Heidelberger, C.: 1976, Cancer Res. 36, pp. 2254–2260.Google Scholar
- Seif, R., and Martin, R.G.: 1979, J.Virol. 32, pp. 979–988.Google Scholar
- Tegtmeyer, P.: 1972, J.Virol. 10, 591 - 598.Google Scholar
- Volckaert, G., Feunteun, J., Crawford, L.V., Berg, P., and Fiers, W.: 1979, J.Virol. 30, pp. 674–682.Google Scholar