The LQG-Problem: A Brief Tutorial Exposition
The purpose of this article is to provide a brief tutorial exposition of the formal setting, the main ideas, and the formulas for the linear quadratic gaussian stochastic optimal control problem (the so-called LQG-problem).
KeywordsKalman Filter Open Loop Control Gaussian Random Vector Signal Flow Graph Discrete Time Case
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kalman, R.E. (1960), A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems, J. Basic Eng. (Trans, ASME Ser. D), Vol. 82, pp. 34–35.Google Scholar
- Kailath, T. (1974), A view of three decades of linear filtering, IEEE Trans, on Information Theory, Vol. IT-20, pp. 146–130.Google Scholar
- Special Issue on the Linear-Quadratic-Gaussian Problem, IEEE Trans, on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-16, 1971.Google Scholar
- Wonham, W.M. (1970), Random differential equations in control theory, in Probabilistic Methods in Applied Mathematics, A.T. Barucha — Reid, Ed., pp. 131–212, Academic Press.Google Scholar
- Kalman, R.E., Falb, P.L. and Arbib, M.A. (1969), Topics in Mathematical Systems Theory, McGraw Hill.Google Scholar
- Willems, J.C., Systems theory models for the analysis of physical systems, Ricerche di Automatica, Vol. 10, to appear.Google Scholar