On the Metal Abundance of Giants in the Draco Dwarf Galaxy — Preliminary Results of a Spectroscopic Survey
Spectrophotometry observations (resolution 8A) have been obtained for nine Draco giants with the IIDS scanner on the KPNO 4 m telescope. A preliminary analysis using K-line equivalents widths shows an order of magnitude range in metal abundance: from +0.5 to -0.5 with respect to [Fe/H] of the giants in M92. The giants of Zinn’s B branch are more metal-poor than those on his A branch but the difference is larger than he deduced.
KeywordsHelium Spectrophotometry Zinn
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arp, H. (1961). Science, 134.Google Scholar
- Bell, R. and Gustafsson, B. (1975). Royal Greenwich Obs. Bull., 182, 108.Google Scholar
- Carbon, D. et al. (1981). Ap. J. Suppl., in press.Google Scholar
- Kraft, R., Trefzger, Ch. and Suntzeff, N. (1979). In Int. Astron. Union Symp. No. 84, ed. W. B. Burton ( Reidel: Dordrecht ), p. 463.Google Scholar
- Zinn, R. (1981). A. J., in press.Google Scholar