Duodenal Biopsy Cell Counts and Histopathology in Crohn’s Disease
Endoscopic biopsy specimens were obtained from the esophagus, body of stomach, gastric antrum and duodenal bulb of 45 patients with Crohn’s disease. The diagnosis was based on appropriate clinical and radiologic criteria. The ileum, the colon, or both were involved radiologically. No case involved the upper gastrointestinal tract.
KeywordsParaffin Macromolecule Myeloma Ileal Mast
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sommers SC, Korelitz BI. (1975) Mucosal cell counts in ulcerative and granulomatous colitis. Am.J.CI in.Pathol. 63:359–365Google Scholar
- 2.Kreuning J. (1978) Chronic non-specific duodenitis, M.D. Thesis LeidenGoogle Scholar
- 6.Korelitz BI, Waye JD, Feim HD, et al. Unpublished dataGoogle Scholar
- 8.Warren S, Sommers SC. (1954) Pathology of regional ileitis and ulcerative colitis. JAMA 154:189Google Scholar
- 10.Rosekrans PCM, Meijer CJLM, van der Wal AM, Cornelisse CJ, Lindeman J. Immunoglobulin-containing cells in inflammatory bowel disease of the colon. Gut, in pressGoogle Scholar