How Should Holter Monitoring Analysis Be Performed?
As new anti-arrhythmic agents are developed their premarket testing has become an increasingly scientific and economic challenge. At present, there are two acceptable techniques for testing new anti-arrhythmic agents. One of these, acute testing with electrophysiologic measurements, offers substantial advantages because it allows the investigator to separate “benign” ventricular arrhythmias from those which are self-perpetuating and potentially result in ventricular fibrillation and sudden death. This technique will be discussed later in the symposium. The disadvantages of the electrophysiologic technique are its invasive nature and possibility that the results may not be representative of situations that the patient will encounter in normal life.
KeywordsIschemia Assure Expense Sine Stein
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Michelson, EL, Morganroth, J. 1979. Spontaneous variability of complex ventricular arrhythmias detected by long-term electrocardiographic recording. Circulation 61, No. 4., p. 690.Google Scholar
- 2.Kennedy, HL, Chandra, V, Sayther, KL, Caralis, DG. 1978. Effectiveness of increasing hours of continuous ambulatory electrocardiography in detecting maximal ventricular ectopy. The American Journal of Cardiology, p. 925.Google Scholar
- 4.Ambulatory ecg recording systems. 1980, vol. 9, Heath Devices, pp. 215–243.Google Scholar
- 7.Loring, R. 1980. Personal communication.Google Scholar
- 8.Clark, KW, Hitchens, RE, Moore, SM, Potter, SJ, Ritter, JA, Mead, CN, Thomas, Jr., LJ. 1978. ARGUS/2H. Proceedings of the IEEE conference on computers in cardiology. IEEE Catalog No. 78CH1391-2C, Standford, California, pp. 397–398.Google Scholar
- 10.Hubelbank, M, Feldman, CL, Lane, B, Singer, P. 1975. An improved computer system for processing long-term electrocardiograms. Proc., Computers in Cardiology, pp. 15–19.Google Scholar
- 11.Birman, KP, Rolnitzky, LM, Bigger, Jr., JT. 1978. A shape oriented system for automated Holter ECG analysis. Computers in Cardiology, p. 217.Google Scholar
- 12.Lovelace, DE, Knoebel, SB. 1978. Operator assisted/automated review system for ambulatory ECG recordings. Computers in Cardiology, p. 215.Google Scholar
- 13.Sheppard, JJ, Hansmann, DR. 1977. Applications of the Dyna-Gram 111B Holter ECG analysis system. Computers in Cardiology, p. 211–219.Google Scholar
- 14.Feldman, CL, Hubelbank, M, Haffajee, CI, and Kotilainen, P. 1979. A new electrode system for automated ECG monitoring. Computers in Cardiology, p. 285.Google Scholar
- 16.Feldman, CL, Hubelbank, M. and Amazeen, P. 1968. A real-time ectopic heart beat detection system. Proc., Conference on Engineering in Medicine and Biology.Google Scholar
- 17.Klein, MD, Baker, S, Feldman, CL, Hubelbank, M, Lane, B. 1977. A validation technique for computerized Holter tape processing system used in drug efficacy testing. Computers in Cardiology, pp. 199–201.Google Scholar