A Detailed Package of Digital Codes Specially Developed for the Array Design
In the present paper a complete modular set of digital codes is described, specially developed for a sensitivity analysis of the different technical parameters affecting the design and construction of a PV generating unit, in particular of a large-scale type. The scope is the evaluation of the plant energy deficit on an hourly, daily and monthly basis, in respect of a base-case where optimum values of the panel tilt angles, azimuth and the N-S step between rows are chosen.
Assuming a lower ceiling in the B.O.S. cost of the PV power station, based on a foreseeable reduction of the panel costs, an indication is given of the region of tilt and azimuth loci which makes it possible to accept a moderate annual energy deficit and consequently low cost of the PV energy produced by the PV generating unit.
KeywordsDigital Code Cost Breakdown Detailed Package Annual Energy Yield Electric National Grid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Emanuele, M. Gasbarra, A. Iliceto: Simulation Digital Code for the Analysis of Dynamic Behaviour of a PV Plant, paper under press.Google Scholar
- G. Fenini: Animazione grafica mediante “computer output microfilm”, Quaderni di informatica, n. 1 — 1979 pag. 41–47.Google Scholar
- E.L. Burgess, K.L. Biringer: Update of PV System Cost Experience for Intermediate-sized Application, XV Spec. Conference, Orlando, May 81 pag. 1453–1457.Google Scholar
- H. Durand: A keynote Speech, Solar Energy for Development, proceedings of the International Conference held at Varese, Italy, March 26-29, 1979, by the CEC, pp. 59–66.Google Scholar
- G.J. Jones, D.G. Schueler: Status of the DOE Photovoltaic Systems Engineering and Analysis Project, XIII IEEE Spec. Conference, Washing ton, June 1978, pag. 1160–1165.Google Scholar