Comparison between Various Ion Beam Doping Procedures and Anneal Techniques Used in Manufacturing Silicon Solar Cells
Conventional ion implantation of phosphorus and ion incrustation (non mass separated PF5 molecular ions), have been used to realize the N+ layer of single cristalline silicon solar cells. Various regrowth techniques have been investigated: classical thermal treatment, laser annealing in the liquid and solid phase regimes and election beam annealing. A systematic investigation by DLTS has allowed the determination of the optimal conditions of the post thermal treatment. Finally, large scale cells ( ≤ 10 cm2) have been prepared by using industrial processes and efficiencies higher than 13% have been measured for the two doping procedures. These techniques are presently applied to polycrystalline silicon from various sources. The first results obtained on solar cells elaborated with these materials, in particular the silicon under development at Laboratoires de Marcoussis are given in the paper.
KeywordsPhosphorus Recrystallization Fluorine Ruby ECSC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Goldman and Wolf — 14th IEEE Phot. Spec. Conf. SAN DIEGO (1980) p. 923Google Scholar
- J. S. Katzeff, M. Lopez and R H. Josephs, 3rd E.C. Phot. Sol. En. Conf. Cannes (1980) p. 708Google Scholar
- G. Miccoli, P. Ostoja and S. Solmi in Ref. 2 p. 719Google Scholar
- J C. Muller and P. Siffert, Inter. Workshop on Ion Impl., Laser Treat. and ion beam anal, of Materials, BOMBAY (1981)Google Scholar
- L.D. Nielsen and P. Balslev in Ref. 2, p. 698.Google Scholar
- [61.M.D. Sirkis and D.L. Salzman, 15th IEEE Phot. Spec. Conf. ORLANDO (1981).Google Scholar
- A Mesli, A. Golzene, J C. Muller, B. Meyer, C. Schwab and P. Siffert Meeting on laser and E.B. Inter, with Solids, BOSTON (1981).Google Scholar
- M. Toulemonde Unpublished.Google Scholar
- J. Geerk, F. Ratzel, Kernforschungs Centrum Karlsruhe.Google Scholar
- J. Fally and C. Guenel, in ref.2, p. 598Google Scholar
- J. Fally and C. Guenel, 4th Phot. Sol. Energ. Conf. STRESA (1982)Google Scholar