A CO Survey of 372 Optical HII Regions
It has been known for some time that the best place to find CO is toward HII regions. Nevertheless, there has been no unbiased survey of CO toward HII regions on even a limited basis. To ameliorate this situation, we have attempted to survey all of the optical HII regions accessible with northern hemisphere millimeter wave radiotelescopes. The initial motivation was to get as many points as possible in order to determine the Galactic rotation curve. We have subsequently found that the information contained in our survey has some inherent interest as has already been shown by Fich, Treffers and Blitz (1982). A catalogue of the results is on press in the Astrophysical Journal Supplement Series (Blitz, Fich and Stark,1981).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blitz, L., Fich, M. and Stark, A.A., 1980, in “Interstellar Molecules”, Proceedings of IAU Symposium #87, ed. B.H. Andrew, Reidel: Dordrecht p. 213.Google Scholar
- Blitz, L., Fich, M. and Stark, A.A., 1981, Ap. J. (Suppl.), in press.Google Scholar
- Blitz, L., Kulkarni, S. and Helis, 1981, B.A.A.S., 13, 539.Google Scholar
- Cohen, R.S., and Thaddeus, P., 1977, Ap. J. (Letters), 217, L155.Google Scholar
- Felli, M., and Churchwell, E., 1972, Astron. and Ap. (Suppl.), 5, 369.Google Scholar
- Felli, M., and Perinotto, M., 1974, Astrophys. and Space Sci., 26, 115.Google Scholar
- Fich, M., Treffers, R.R. and Blitz, L., 1982, this volume, p. 201.Google Scholar
- Perek, L. and Kohoutek, L., 1967, Catalogue of Galactic Planetary Nebulae, ( Prague: Czech Institute of Science).Google Scholar
- Sharpless, S., 1974, Ap. J. (Suppl.), 4, 257.Google Scholar
- Stark, A.A., 1979, Ph.D. Dissertation, Princeton University.Google Scholar
- Stark, A.A. and Blitz, L., 1978, Ap. J. (Letters), 225, L15.Google Scholar