Distributed System Activities at the Institute of Cybernetics of the University of Milan
a survey on LAN development and distributed processing at the University of Milan, with quoting to further projects is presented. The emphasis is on ERMES, a compilation-generated, lowcost LAN for distributed dedicated applications and on GCP, a derived version of Hoare’s CSP, and their implementation as a distri buted programming language for designing applications on the ERMES network.
KeywordsLocal Area Network Distributed System GCP ERMES.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- |1|.Coppo N, De Grandi G., Rossi G.P. — The Operating System Architecture of ERMES — a Microcomputer Local Network, Datacom. Geneve, 17–19 June, 1980Google Scholar
- |2|.De Grandi G., Rossi G.P., — ERMES a Distributed System on Local Area — AICA’80Google Scholar
- |3|.Rossi G.P., Torelli M. — The Channel Access Protocol in ERMES Local Networks — Istituto di Cibernetica — Internal report — June 1981Google Scholar
- |4|.De Cindio F., De Michelis G., Simone C. — Guarded Communicating Processes — Proc. Fifth Honeywell International Software Conference, Minneapolis, 1981Google Scholar
- |5|.Bergamini G., De Cindio F., De Michelis G., Rossi G.P., Simone C. — Guarded Communicating Process as Distributed Programming Language on a Local Area — Submitted to International Symposium on Local Computer Networks — 19–21 April 1982 — FirenzeGoogle Scholar
- |7|.Francez N., — Distributed Termination — TOPLAS 2,1, Jan. 80 42–55Google Scholar