Environmental Aspects of Water Management
The fundamental concept of the assessment of water management with regard to the protection and creation of the environment is given by the positive contribution of water resources to the development of civilization, culture and to safeguarding adequate food supplies to feed mankind. The paper is a survey which includes the main objectives of man in water management factors affecting the future requirements on water and positive and negative inputs of water management projects on the environment.
KeywordsEurope Transportation Stratification Silt Malaria
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.HOLY M. : Water and the Environment. Irrig, a. Drainage Paper, No. 8. FAO UN Roma, 1971Google Scholar
- 2.HOLY M. : Environmental Control for Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control Projects. In. : Proc. of the ICID IX.Congr., Moscow, 1975. Spec.Ses., General Rep.Google Scholar
- 3.HOLY M. : Irrigation Structures. SNTL Praha, 1976Google Scholar
- 4.HOLY M., and ŘÍHA J. : Environmental Aspects connected with Water Resources Development and Management. In. : ICID Bull., 1972, p. 54–64Google Scholar
- 5.HOLY M., and ŘÍHA J. : Socio-economic problems of Water Resources Development and Approaches for Solution. In. : Proc. of the First World Congr. Water Resource. (IWRA), Chicago, 1973, Vol. I, p. 102–109Google Scholar
- 6.Long-term, Planning of Water Management. Proceedings of the ECE UN Seminar, ECE/WATER/15, UN N. York, 1976, Vol. I, II, IIIGoogle Scholar
- 7.Proceedings of the ICID IX Congr., Moscow, 1975, Spec. Session “Environmental Control for Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control Projects”Google Scholar
- 8.ŘÍHA J. : Reclamation and Environmental Protection. In. : State-of-the-art of some subjects discussed at the ICID ICID N. Delhi, 1978, p. 1–19Google Scholar
- 9.WORTHINGTON E.B. ed. : Arid Land Irrigation in Developing Countries — Environmental Problems and Effets. Pergamon Press OxfordGoogle Scholar
- 10.HAIMES Y. : Multiobjective Methodologies in Water and Land Resources Planning and Management, presented at the NATO Advanced Study Institute on “Water Resources and Land Use Planning”, Louvain-la-Neuve, July 1978Google Scholar