A Nonlinear Fracture Mechanics Approach to Crack Propagation in the Creep-Fatigue Interaction Range
High temperature fatigue tests were conducted with center cracked thin-walled cylindrical specimens in a closed-loop servo hydraulic testing machine. The applicability of nonlinear fracture mechanics to the time-dependent as well as the cycle-dependent fatigue crack propagation was determined, using creep J-integral and fatigue J-integral.
KeywordsFatigue Quartz Drilling Congo Nonlinear Fracture Mechanics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (2).R. Ohtani, “Crack Propagation Under Creep-Fatigue Interaction”, to be presented in the Proceeding of Int. Conf. on Engineering Aspect of Creep, to be held in Sheffield, 15–19 September, 1980.Google Scholar
- (3).N.E. Dowling, “Geometry Effects and the J-Integral Approach to Elastic- Plastic Fatigue Crack Growth”, ASTM STP 601, (1976), pp. 19–32.Google Scholar
- (4).N.E. Dowling, “Crack Growth During Low-Cycle Fatigue of Smooth Axial Specimens”, ASTM STP 637. (1977), pp. 97–121.Google Scholar
- (6).S. Taira, K. Tanaka, and T. Hoshide, “Evaluation of J-Integral Range and Its Relation to Fatigue Crack Growth Rate”, Proc. of the 22nd Japan Cong, on Mat. Res., Soc. of Mat. Sci., Japan, (1979), pp. 123–129.Google Scholar
- (8).S. Taira, R. Ohtani, and T. Kitamura, “Application of J-Integral to High- Temperature Crack Propagation, Part I — Creep Crack Propagation:, ibid., pp. 154–161.Google Scholar
- (9).K. Ohji, K. Ogura, and S. Kubo, “Creep Stress Analysis of a Notched Body Under Longitudinal Shear and its Application to Crack Propagation Problems”, Proc. 1974 Symp. on Mech. Behav. of Mat., Soc. of Mat. Sci., Japan, (1974), pp. 455–466.Google Scholar
- (10).J.D. Landes and J.A. Begley, “A Fracture Mechanics Approach to Creep Crack Growth”, ASTM STP 590, (1976), pp. 128–148.Google Scholar
- (14).S.S. Manson, “New Directions in Materials Research Dictated by Stringent Future Requirements”, Proc. Int. Conf. on Mech. Behav. of Mat., Spec. Vol., Soc. of Mat. Sci., Japan, (1972), pp. 3–60.Google Scholar
- (15).G.R. Halford, M.H. Hirschberg, and S.S. Manson, “Temperature Effects on the Strainrange Partitioning Approach for Creep Fatigue Analysis”, ASTM STP 520, (1973), pp. 658–669.Google Scholar
- (16).S. Taira, R. Ohtani, T. Yonekura, M. Osada, and T. Kitamura, “Time Dependent Fatigue Crack Propagation at Elevated Temperature”, to be contributed to Trans. JSME.Google Scholar