Pilot Study and Preliminary Experiences with a Data Base for the Evaluation of Algorithms for the Detection of Arrhythmic and Ischemic Episodes
- 29 Downloads
The problem of the performance evaluation of algorithms for the analysis of the ECG signal is still unsolved in general terms; the most generally accepted solution to this problem is the comparison with an annotated ECG database. The preliminary experiences with a digital database for evaluating algorithms of analysis of arrhythmias and ST-T changes are described. At first the database has been applied for the QRS detector evaluation.
KeywordsEctopic Beat Digital Database Beat Evaluation Arrhythmia Detector Wave Amplitude Variation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hermes, R.E. et al. 1981. Development, distribution and use of the American Heart Association data base for ventricular arrhythmia detector evaluation. Computers in Cardiology 1980, 263–266. (IEEE Computer Society)Google Scholar
- Ripley, K.L. and Oliver, G.C. 1977. Development of an ECG data base for arrhythmia detector evaluation. Computers in Cardiology, 203–209. (IEEE Computer Society).Google Scholar
- Schluter, P. et al. 1981. Performance measures for arrhythmia detectors. Computers in Cardiology 1980, 267–270. (IEEE Computer Society).Google Scholar
- Taddei, A. et al. 1982. Evaluation of QRS detectors based on sensitivity-specificity analysis. Proc. World congress on medical physics and biomedical engineering 1982, 18.22. (MPBE 1982 e.V., Hamburg).Google Scholar
- Taddei, A. et al. 1983. Performance comparison of fast QRS detection algorithms. Proc. First Workshop on Ambulatory Monitoring (this volume). Pisa, April 11–12, 1983.Google Scholar