Neutral Lipids: glycerides, sterol esters, vitamin A esters, waxes
- 297 Downloads
Having described in detail the individual fatty acids which are found in nature esterified in complex lipids, we can now go on to discuss the different types of acyl lipids themselves.
KeywordsBile Salt Neutral Lipid Chain Fatty Acid Cholesterol Ester Pancreatic Lipase
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brindley D. N. (1974). The Intracellular Phase of Fat Absorption in Biomembranes, Vol. 4b of Intestinal Absorption, Ed. D. H. Smyth, pp. 621 - 671, Plenum Press, London.Google Scholar
- 2.Hübscher G. H. (1970). Glyceride Metabolism, Chapter 7 in Lipid Metabolism, Ed. S. J. Wakil, p. 280. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- 3.Marinetti G. V. (1970). Biosynthesis of Triglycerides, Chapter 2 in Lipid Metabolism, Vol. 18 of Comprehensive Biochemistry, Ed. M. Florkin and E. H. Stotz, Elsevier Publishing Co. Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 4.Johnston J. M. (1970). Intestinal Absorption of Fats, Chapter 1A in Lipid Metabolism, Vol. 18 in Comprehensive Biochemistry, Ed. M.Florkin and E. H. Stotz, Elsevier Publishing Co. Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 5.Coleman M. H. (1963). The Structural Investigation of Natural Fats, Advances in Lipid Research, 1, 2.Google Scholar
- 6.Masoro E. J. (1968). Physiological Chemistry of Lipids in Mammals, B. Saunders Co. Philadelphia.Google Scholar
- 7.Snyder F. (1972). Enzyme Systems that Synthesize and Degrade Glycerolipids Possessing Ether Bonds, Advances in Lipid Research, 10, 233.Google Scholar
- 8.Fedeli E. & Jacini G. (1971). The Lipid Composition of Vegetable Oils, Advances in Lipid Research, 9, 335.Google Scholar
- 9.Jensen R. G. (1971). Lipolytic Enzymes, Progress in the Chemistry of Fats and Other Lipids, 11, (iii).Google Scholar
- 10.Semeriva M. & Desnuelle P. (1979). Pancreatic lipase and colipase. An Example of Heterogeneous Biocatalysis, Advances in Enzymology, 48, 319.Google Scholar
- 12.Brindley D. N. et. al. (1979). Regulation of Hepatic Triacylglycerol Synthesis and Lipoprotein Secretion by Diet and Hormones. Lipoprotein Metabolism and Endocrine Regulation, Ed. L. W. Hessel and H. M. J. Krans, Elsevier—North Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- 15.Kolattukudy P. E. (1975). Biochemistry of the Cutin, Suberin and Waxes, the Lipid Barriers in Plants. Chapter 7 in Recent Advances in the Chemistry and Biochemistry of Plant Lipids, Ed. T. Galliard and E. I. Mercer, Academic Press, London.Google Scholar
- 16.Snyder, F. (1977). Lipid Metabolism in Mammals 2 Vols., Plenum, New York.Google Scholar
© M. I. Gurr and A. T. James 1980