Fractional and complex programming
- 104 Downloads
A number of applications lead to constrained minimization problems, in which the objective function, to be minimized or maximized, is a quotient, f(x)/g(x), of two functions. Such a problem is called a fractional programming problem. In particular, it is a linear fractional programming problem if f and g are linear, or affine, functions, and the constraints are linear. Although such problems are particular cases of nonlinear programming problems, stronger results for fractional programming problems are obtainable by proceeding directly, rather than applying the theory of Chapter 4. This applies both to theoretical questions, notably duality theory, and to effective algorithms for computing an optimum.
KeywordsMathematical Program Complex Space Convex Cone Fractional Programming Complex Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bereanu, B. (1963), Distribution problems and minimum risk solutions in stochastic programming, in Colloquium on Applications of Mathematics to Economics, Prékopa, A. (Ed.), Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest, 37–42.Google Scholar
- Craven, B.D., and Mond, B. (1976), Duality for homogeneous fractional programming, Cahiers du Centre d’ Ëtudes de Recherche Opérationelle, 18, 413–417.Google Scholar
- Dorn, W.S. (1962), Linear fractional programming, IBM Research Report RC-830.Google Scholar
- Mangasarian, O.L. (1969), Nonlinear fractional programming, J. Opns. Res. Soc. Japan, 12, 1–10.Google Scholar
- Mangasarian, O.L. (1969), Nonlinear programming, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Mond, B., and Craven, B.D. (1975), A class of nondifferentiable complex programming problems, Math. Operationaforschung und Statistik, 6, 577–581.Google Scholar
- Pollack, E.G., Novaes, G.N., and Frankel, G. (1965), On the optimization and integration of shipping ventures, International Shipbuilding Progress, 12, 267–281.Google Scholar
- Sharma, I.C. (1967), Feasible direction approach to fractional programming problems, Opsearch, 4, 61–72.Google Scholar
- Swarup, K. (1965), Programming with quadratic fractional functionals, Opsearch, 2, 23–30.Google Scholar