Preliminary Experimental Observation on the Acute Rejection of Allotransplantation of the Kidney in Rabbits Treated by Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine
Immunologic rejection is one of the problems of utmost concern to transplant teams. Up to now, it has not been solved satisfactorily. Recipients must take immunosuppressants for a long time. But most of the drugs used have severe side-effects. For example, they lower resistance against diseases, immunologic surveillance etc. So the recipients are very susceptible to infection and the rate of neoplasm formation increases. The principal side-effects of immunosuppressants are listed in Table 44.1.
KeywordsTraditional Chinese Medicine Acute Rejection Western Medicine Hemorrhagic Cystitis Beijing Medical College
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Qing Wan-zhang et al. (1977). Essentials of ‘stasis symptoms’ and the principles of activating the blood flow — a preliminary report. J. Nature, 2, 115Google Scholar
- 2.Xia You-zhou et al. (1978). Use of combined traditional Chinese and Western medicine in the management of acute rejection of allotransplantation of kidney — a preliminary report. J. Wuhan Med. Coll. (Transplant.), 4, 66Google Scholar
- 3.Department of Combined Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing Medical College (1978). Experimental studies on ‘Huoxue Huayu’ drugs. Bull. Med. Technol. Beijing Med. Coll., 1, 1Google Scholar
- 4.Department of Combined Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing Medical College (1977). Studies on ‘Huoxue Huayu’ and its recent progress. Bull. Med. Technol. Beijing Med. Coll., 2, 117Google Scholar
- 5.Research Group of ‘Huoxue Huayu’, Shanghai First Medical College (1975). Scientific Research on Medicine (Special Collection of ‘Huoxue Huayu’): Principles of ‘Huoxue Huayu’ and its application to clinical medicine. (Internal publication, 10)Google Scholar
- 6.Xu Li-na et al. (1976). Effects of 22 ‘Huoxue Huayu’ drugs on the peripheral blood flow in dogs. J. New Med., 5, 38Google Scholar
- 7.Yan Lian-zuo et al. (1976). Effects of Chinese medicine ‘Huoxue Huayu’ herbs on the humoral immunologic responses in mouse. J. 7kad. Chinese Med., 9, 61Google Scholar