A Refined Analysis of the Perturbations on Lageos
To take full advantage of higher accuracy of SLR technique, the force model for LAGEOS must reach to comparable accuracy. In this paper, the following perturbations on LAGEOS are concerned (1) atmospheric tidal perturbation, (2) perturbation due to the earth’s rotational deformation, (3) direct perturbation arised from the oblateness of the moon, (4) indirect perturbation due to the oblate part of the earth. The mathematical models for these perturbations are put forward and the relative orders of magnitude are estimated. As a result, a more perfect force model is provided for LAGEOS orbit determination with centimeter accuracy.
KeywordsOcean Tide Solar Radiation Pressure Refined Analysis Atmospheric Tide Direct Perturbation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cappellari, J.O. et al. : 1976, Mathematical Theory of the Trajectory Determination System, Goddard Space Flight Centre, Greenbelt, Maryland.Google Scholar
- Chapman, S., and R. Lindzen: 1970, Atmospheric Tides, D. Reidel, Dordrecht.Google Scholar
- Lambeck, K., and A. Cazenave: 1973, Bull. Groupe Rech. Geod.Spatiale, 7, 120.Google Scholar
- Lambeck, K.: 1980, The Earth’s Variable Rotation, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Melbourne, W. et al.:1983, MERIT Standards,Third Draft.Google Scholar