Acicular Wollastonite as a Filler for Polyamides and Polypropylene
For plastics to be used in engineering applications they must have improved mechanical strength, heat resistance, dimensional stability, low flammability and good electrical properties when compared to the commodity plastics. Many of these properties can only be raised to the desired levels by the use of fillers and reinforcements.
KeywordsTensile Strength Impact Strength Coupling Agent Oxygen Index Volume Resistivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Andrews, R. W., Wollastonite, Institute of Geological Sciences, HMSO, London, 1970.Google Scholar
- 2.Harwell Laboratory, Oxfordshire. Private communication.Google Scholar
- 3.Nielsen, L. E., Appi. Phys. 41 (11), 1970, 4626.Google Scholar
- 5.Celanese Engineering Resins, quoted in Plast. Rubb. Int. 9 (4), 1984, 22.Google Scholar
- 6.Plastic Consult srl, Milan, 1984.Google Scholar
- 7.Perera, D. Y., Coatings Research Institute, Belgium, Private Communication.Google Scholar
- 8.McFarren, G. A., Sanderson, T. F., and Schappell, F. C., Polym. Eng. Sci. 17 (1), 1977, 46.Google Scholar
- 9.Godlewski, R. E., SPI 38th Annual Technical Conference 13-E, 1983.Google Scholar