In an integrated CAD/CAM system, a central unified data base is used to hold the design, analysis and manufacturing information. This means that the information is consistent throughout the Company. Once the product has been designed and analysed, much manufacturing information can be generated automatically.
KeywordsMachine Tool Tool Path Spindle Speed Computer Numerically Control Flexible Manufacturing System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [6.1]M. P. Groover, Automation of Production Systems, and Computer-Aided Manufacturing, Prentice Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1980.Google Scholar
- [6.2]R. S. Pressman and J. E. Williams, Numerical Control and Computer Aided Manufacturing, John Wiley & Son, New York, 1977.Google Scholar
- [6.3]A. D. Roberts and R. C. Prentice, Programming for Numerical Control Machines, McGraw Hill, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- [6.4]Y. Koren, Computer Control of Man ufacturing Systems, McGraw Hill, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- [6.5]R. L. Simon, CAD/CAM the foundation of manufacture automation, Proc. Conference on CAD/CAM Technology in Mechanical Engineering, 24-26 March, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass., pp. 221–5, 1982.Google Scholar
- [6.6]Unigraphics Technical Manual, GMACH Users Operational Descrip-tion, CAD/CAM Service, McDonnel Douglas Automation Company, McDonnel Douglas Corporation, USA, 1983.Google Scholar
- [6.8]P. F. Abrahams, Computer-Aided Engineering of Centrifugal Peening Equipment, MSc Thesis, Cranfield Institute of Technology, 1985.Google Scholar
- [6.9]BSI490, Aluminium and Aluminium Alloy Ingots and Castings, UDC 669.72-412-14, British Standards Institution, 1970.Google Scholar
- [6.10]J. H. E. Fox, An Introduction to Steel Selection: Part 1, Oxford University Press, 1979.Google Scholar
- [6.11]S. A Meguid (Editor), Proc. Second International Conference on Impact Treatment Processes, 22–26 September, Cranfield, UK, 1986.Google Scholar
- [6.12]P. A. Thomson, ICAD-CAM of a Variable Speed Drive for a Crude Oil Pump, MSc Thesis, Cranfield Institute of Technology, 1986.Google Scholar
- [6.13]P. K. Prakash, Computer-Aided Analysis of a Variable Speed Drive for a Crude Oil Pump, MSc Thesis, Cranfield Institute of Technology, 1986.Google Scholar