Conception and Evaluation of a MRI and CT Stereotactic Frame in Neuro-Oncology
- 37 Downloads
Stereotactic examinations with CT scan have previously demonstrated their performances but the specific interest of MRI in the neurooncology field requires the transposition of a well established CT scan method into NMR technology (2,3,6). Main problems concern the material included in the stereotactic frame (without any ferromagnetic substances), the position of the patient in the imaging system and the visibility of constrast substances in MRI. Regarding these three demands, we have developed a convenient stereotactic frame for both MRI and CT scans. This frame is of very simple use according to the atraumatic fixation on the patient head and allows short time examination compatible with routine use of imaging.
Key words3D Imaging Brain Tumours Stereotaxy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gibaud (B.), Scarabin (J.M.), Lorig (B.), Cruette (C.): Accurate use of CT scanner stereotaxis and photogrammetry for diagnosis and treatment of cerebral lesions (tumor). Int. Arch. Photogrammetry, 1982, 14 (5) 225–235.Google Scholar
- 2.Kall (B.A.), Kelly (P.J.), Goerss (S.J.), Earnest (F.): Cross registration of points and lesion volumes from MR and CT. IEEE. 1985, 939–41.Google Scholar
- 5.Pecker (J.), Scarabin (J.M.), Brucher (J.M.), Vallée (B.): Stereotactic aproach to diagnosis and treatment of cerebral tumors. Editions Médicales Pierre Fabre, Paris, 1979.Google Scholar
- 6.Ross-Duggan (J.W.), Patil (A.A.), Yamanashi (W.S.), Valentine (J.L.): A stereotaxic system and its application using magnetic resonance imaging. M.R.I. 1986, 4 (2) 138.Google Scholar
- 7.Scarabin (J.M.), Duvauferrier (R.), Gandon (Y.), Legout (A.), Velut (S.), Gadan (R.), Moreau (J.J.): “Imagerie tridimentionnelle, bilan et perspectives” in Radiologie et échographie interventionnelles, tome II, R. Duvauferrier ed., Axone, 1986, p. 743–751.Google Scholar
- 8.Scarabin (J.M.), Pecker (J.), Legout (A.), Carsin (M.), Simon (J.), Gadan (R.): “Neuroradiologie et neurochirurgie stereotaxiques tumorales” in Radiologie et échographie interventionnelles, tome I, R. Duvauferrier ed., Axone, 1986, p. 159–171Google Scholar