V641 CAS — A Symbiotic Candidate ?
The light variability of V641 Cas was discovered by Guinan et al. (1982). Spectral investigations were made earlier by Barbier(1971,1975), wich classified it as a VV Cep-type star and suggested that the V641 Cas is a binary system consisting of M3Ia supergiant and a B type star. Shaw and Guinan(1985) estimated the spectral class of the companion as B2.5. Recently Guinan et al. (1986) reported about semiregular changes with maximal amplitude of about 1.0 m during 1979-1986. Slow variations in the brightness with a mean period 310d and variable amplitude of 0.3 m –0.9 m ph are established by Berthold(1983).
- Barbier,M.,1975,Astron. Astrophys. Suppl.,20,305Google Scholar
- Berthold,T.,1983,I.B.V.S., No. 2 4 4 3Google Scholar
- Guinan,E.,F.,McCook,G.,P. and Weisenberger,A.,G.,1982, I.E.V.S., No.2227Google Scholar
- Guinan,E.,F. Wacker,S.,W.,McCook,G.,P.,Harris,W.,T.,Robinson,C, DombrowsKi,E.,G. and Donahue,R.,A.,1986,I.B.V.S.,No.2925Google Scholar
- Tomov,T.,Mikolajewski,M. and Mikolajewska,J.,1986,I.B.V.S.,No.2921Google Scholar