Colliding Winds in Symbiotic Systems
The physics of colliding winds in symbiotic systems is reviewed. The theoretical predictions are compared with observational data of symbiotic novae, in particular the recently erupted system HM Sge. It is suggested that the spectral behaviour of HM Sge from X-ray to radio can be explained by the colliding winds process.
KeywordsWhite Dwarf Stellar Wind Asymptotic Giant Branch Symbiotic System Cool Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Girard, T., and Willson, L.A. 1987, Astron. Astrophys., in press.Google Scholar
- Kwok, S. 1982, in The Nature of Symbiotic Stars ,eds. M. Friedjung and R. Viotti, p. 209.Google Scholar
- Kwok, S. 1986, in Highlights of Astronomy ,ed. J.P. Swings, p. 189.Google Scholar
- Kwok, S., Hrivnak, B.J., and Boreiko, R.T. 1986, unpublished data.Google Scholar
- Paczynski, B. 1980, Highlights of Astronomy ,ed. P.A. Wayman, 5, 27.Google Scholar