Clusters of Galaxies
The all sky catalogue of clusters of galaxies prepared by Abell,Corwin and Olowin is now completed and the first catalogue of distant clusters by Gunn,Hoessel and Oke has been published. I stress, in relation to such catalogues, the need of using numerical simulations to estimate their completeness, understand the observations and achieve unbiased informations on cosmology and cluster evolution as a function of cosmic time. It is suggested that an early interaction between the galaxies and the intracluster medium may enhance star formation.
KeywordsStar Formation Spiral Galaxy Cluster Galaxy Cosmic Time Distant Cluster
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abell,G.O.and Corwin,H.G.,1983, in EARLY EVOLUTION OF THE UNIVERSE AND ITS PRESENT STRUCTURE,page 179, Eds. G.O.Abell and G.Chincarini , published by D.ReidelGoogle Scholar
- Abell,G.O.,Corwin,H.G. and Olowin,R.,1988, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- Cappi,A.,Chincarini,G.,Conconi,P.,Manoussoyanaki,I. and Vettolani,G., 1987 , The Messenger , N.48 , JuneGoogle Scholar
- Chincarini,G.,1980, in X-RAY ASTRONOMY,page 197,Eds. R.Giacconi and G.Setti , published by D.ReidelGoogle Scholar
- Chincarini,G.,1987, in OBSERVATIONAL COSMOLOGY,page 275, Eds. A.Hewitt et al. (I.A.U. Symposium China ),published by D.ReidelGoogle Scholar
- Forman,W. and Jones,C.,1982, in Ann. Rev. Astron. Astroph. Vol.20, page 547, published by Annual Reviews Inc.Google Scholar
- Haynes,M.P.,Giovanelli,R. and Chincarini,G.L.,1984, in Ann.Rev.Astron.Astroph. Vol.22, page 445, published by Annual Reviews Inc.Google Scholar
- Sarazin.C.L.,1986,Reviews of Modern Physics,Vol.58,Nl. JanuaryGoogle Scholar