Search for New Tests of the EPR Paradox from Elementary Particle Physics
- 246 Downloads
A significant recent trend has been the quest for examples of the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) paradox from hitherto unexplored domains in order to subject the incompatibility between quantum mechanics and local realism to a critical scrutiny. This motivates the present talk concerning the iggestigations related to an EPR-type example involving the decay of a JPC = 1-- vector meson into a pair of correlated neutral pseudo-scalar mesons; a typical example is the decay of the spin-1 Φ resonance, by strong interaction, into a pair of neutral kaons K° — K° (1–4). In this context, we discuss a new twist to the EPR paradox by taking into account CP noninvariance.
KeywordsVector Meson Decay Product Local Realism Neutral Kaon Quantum Mechanical Treatment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. D. Lee and C. N. Yang, unpublished;Google Scholar
- 2.B. d’Espagnat, Conceptual Foundations of Quantum Mechanics (W.A. Benjamin, London, 1976) pp. 8 5–8 6.Google Scholar
- 8.A.D. Home, in: Quantum Mechanics versus Local Realism, ed. F. Selleri (Plenum, New York, 1988).Google Scholar
- 9.A.K. Kraus, in: Foundations of Quantum Mechanics and Ordered Linear Spaces, eds. A. Hartkamper and H. Neumann (Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1974);Google Scholar
- 9.B.B. Davies, Quantum Theory of Open Quantum Systems (Academic Press, 1976);Google Scholar
- 11.S.Machida and M.Namiki, in: Proc. 1st. Int. Symp. Foundations of Quantum Mechanics, eds. S.Kamefuchi et al. (Phys. Soc. of Japan, Tokyo, 1984) pp. 127-135, 136-139.Google Scholar
- 12.A. Datta, D. Home and A. Raychaudhuri, to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.T. Sudbery, in: Quantum Concepts in Space and Time, eds. R. Penrose and C.J. Ishara (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1986) pp. 65–83.Google Scholar
- 17.G. C. Ghirardi, R. Grassi, A. Rimini and T. Weber, Europhys. Lett, (inpress)Google Scholar