A Design of R&D Planning Workbench Based on Research Outcome Analysis
Open collaboration based R&D activities such as research planning, development, and sharing of outcome has become an important issue recently. However, a information analysis system for supporting open collaboration based R&D planning is not sufficient. For this reason, R&D planning is dependent on the knowledge of a few planning experts, rather than the result of information analysis. This paper proposes a service model for supporting research planning based on outcome analysis in the phase of R&D planning, called R&D planning workbench. The R&D planning workbench is composed of R&D planning activities, R&D planning support services, and three different types of outcome analysis tools. We expect to enhance competitive power by constructing global collaborative network, promoting strategies by objective evaluation respect to research performance of individuals or institutions.
KeywordsR&D Planning R&D Planning Tool Research Outcome Paper Information Analysis Patent Information Analysis Open Collaboration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Coh, B., et al.: Analysis on Utilization Picture of Information in the Step of National R&D Planning. In: The Conference of Korea Technology Innovation Society, pp. 195–206 (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Moon, Y.: Strategy of National R&D Planning based on Efficient Utilization of Information. In: The Conference of Korea Technology Innovation Society, pp. 179–194 (May 2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Elsevier SciVal Suite, http://www.info.scival.com/
- 4.Scopus, http://www.scopus.com/
- 5.Go, G., et al.: A Research Trend of Patent Information Analysis Tools. In: Korea Contents Conference, pp. 399–401 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Yoon, J., et al.: Patent Information Analysis: Tool of Systematic R&D Planning. Industrial Engineering Magazine 18(3), 23–28 (2011)Google Scholar