Study on Safe Remote Control Method of Home Device under Environment of Smart Grid
In recent, as the interest in Green IT rises, the business of Smart Grid called as intelligent electric power network for completion of low-carbon green growth is promoted rapidly. However, smart devices of smart grid environment have a high possibility to be used in various cyber attacks or to be targeted at the cyber attacks by convergence with IT. This paper studied the safe remote control method of home device under the smart grid environment. The remote control method proposed uses a random value and a password and creates a one-time key. Moreover, the remote control method blocked off illegal access from the outside and made it possible to do remote control safely by doing message authentication with the use of this key.
KeywordsSmart Grid Advanced Metering Infrastructure Home Network privacy weakness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gunther, E.W., Snyder, A., Gilchrist, G., Highfill, D.R.: Smart Grid Standards Assessment and Recommendations for Adoption and Development (Draft v0.82), Enernex for California Energy Commission (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, G.-Y., Kim, Y.-M.: Implementation of Telco Home Network-based AMI. Journal of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers 27(11), 93–97 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.U.S. Department of Commerce, “NIST Framework and Roadmap for Smart Grid Interoperability Standards Release 1.0 (Draft)” (September 2009) Google Scholar
- 4.NIST, “Smart Grid Cyber Security Strategy and Requirements,” DRAFT NISTIR 7628 (February 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, D.-S., Li, J.-P.: A Novel Mutual Authentication Scheme Based on Fingerprint Biometric and Nonce Using Smart Cards. International Journal of Security and Its Applications (IJSIA) 5(4), 1–12 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Hwang, J.-B., Han, J.-W.: A Security Model for Home Networks with Authority Delegation. In: ICCSA-4, pp. 360–369 (May 2006)Google Scholar