Work Load Calculation Algorithm for Postal Delivery Operation
This paper presents work load calculation algorithm which includes the work load model for postal delivery operation. The proposed work load model and algorithm which consist of delivery sequence sorting, moving, mail delivery, and additional work for mail delivery are based on the number of delivery mail, a kind of mail, moving and delivery environments such as APT, Villa, house area, school/hospital/public building/commercial& business area, and complex building & officetel area. The proposed model and algorithm will be adapted for more relational and efficient work load measurement and management of postal delivery operation.
KeywordsWork Load Delivery Operation Delivery Work Delivery Result Postal Delivery
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Korea Post, “Guideline of man power of post office” (2005 & 2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Korea Post Labor Union, “Investigation for man power of delivery office & mail distribution center”, Korea Post (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Sang, C.Y., et al.: A study on optimal load of postal delivery. Mockwon University (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Sun, J.Y., et al.: A study on work load of postal delivery. Korea Foreign University (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Couper, G.G.: Mail Service Performance Measurement Using Identification (ID) Tags. In: ICPA 2009 Proceeding. USPS, USA (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Blenk, B.: Model For Calculating Hours Required to Operate a Postal Outlet. In: ICPA 2009 Proceeding, Canada Post Corporation, Canada (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Park, J.-H.: System architecture for work load management of postal delivery operation. In: 2011 4th International Conference on Interaction Sciences (ICIS), August 16-18 (2011)Google Scholar