A Study on Network System Design for the Open USN Services
USN (Ubiquitous Sensor Network) technology is recognized as a next-generation core technology and spreads rapidly through various pilot projects. It is widely used especially in the areas such as home network and health care in u-city. However, since existing services are operated separately under their own wireless network suitable to each area, there is a problem that interworking and sharing data among wireless field networks such as WiFi, Bluetooth and Zigbee is considerably difficult. In this paper, we propose a new network system architecture for open USN communication that can guarantee the low-power interoperability and service quality in various wireless field networks. In addition, the model proposed was so designed as to guarantee the maximum reliability by minimizing the message loss in major sensing data.
KeywordsUSN u-city Interoperability networking Traffic control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jung, H., Jeong, C., Lee, Y., Hong, P.: An Intelligent Ubiquitous Middleware for U-City: SmartUM. J. Information Science and Engineering 25, 375–388 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, Y., Rho, S.: U-city Portal for Smart Ubiquitous Middleware. In: The 12th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), vol. 1, pp. 609–613 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, M., Lee, Y., Ryou, J.: How to Share Heterogeneous Sensor Networks in Ubiquitous Environment. In: International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing, WiCom 2007, pp. 2799–2802 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Website of the UK government Directgov, http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.html
- 6.USA.gov The U.S. Government’s Official Web Portal, http://www.usa.gov/
- 7.Mike, B.: OGC Sensor Web Enablement: Overview and High Level Architecture. Open Gis Consortium (2007)Google Scholar