Image-Based Emotion Retrieval Approach with Multi-machine Learning Schemes
With the development of cognitive abilities of people, the human’s individual emotion would be very different styles in accordance with his environment and condition. Therefore, the human’s emotions to see and feel the same image can be different and this results in different images to see. In this paper, we construct a new style emotion model and propose a new emotion retrieval method from the image using the model. The emotion retrieval method in this research is composed of two phases. First, feature points to represent the image are extracted. Feature points are hue, saturation, frequency information, and circularity of image which represents the shape of the object. The extracted feature values are used as inputs of machine learning scheme in second phase. In machine learning scheme, learning and testing are performed with the typical three learning schemes. Through these machine learning schemes, the human’s emotion is extracted when to see a new image, and a new paradigm is provided to apply many different fields.
KeywordsImage feature Emotion retrieval Machine learning
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Lee, J., et al.: Emotional Evaluation of Color Patterns Based on Rough Sets. In: Proc. 3th ICNC, vol. 1, pp. 140–144 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Olkiewicz, K.A., Markowska-Kaczmar, U.: Emotion-based Image Retrieval-an Artificial Neural Network Approach. In: Proc. International Multiconference on CSIT, pp. 89–96 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Lee, J., Zhang, L., Park, E.: An Emotion-based Image Retrieval System by Using Fuzzy Integral with Relevance Feedback. In: Proc. IEEK, vol. 31, pp. 683–688 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, S.F.: Research on Emotion Information Processing and Its Application in Image Retrieval, Doctoral Dissertation, University of Science and Technology of China (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, J., et al.: Emotional Evaluation of Color Patterns Based on Rough Sets. In: Proc. 3th ICNC, vol. 1, pp. 140–144 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Yoo, H.W.: Visual-Based Emotional Descriptor and Feedback Mechanism for Image Retrieval. J. of Information Science and Engineering 22, 1205–1227 (2006)Google Scholar