Analysis of IPTV Service Quality Applying Real-Time QoE Measurement Technology
For subjective measurement of video quality, various standard methods are suggested. However, those are based on the video watching for a short time, around 10 seconds, under the conditions that the original standard video exists. In the IPTV watching conditions, people watch videos for a long time, so that the 10-second measurement is inadequate in real life. This paper analyzes the effect of the assessment cycle on Mean Opinion Score (MOS) and proposes the method of selecting an appropriate assessment cycle for subjective video quality assessment of IPTV. In addition, it measures the real-time video quality of local commercial broadcasting services by applying assessment types and analyzes the measurements.
KeywordsIPTV Quality of Experience (QoE) Subjective Video Quality Mean Opinion Score (MOS) Absolute Category Rating (ACR)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.ITU-R Rec. BT.500-11, Methodology for the Subjective Assessment of the Quality of Television Pictures, ITU-R (December 2002) Google Scholar
- 3.ITU-T Rec. P.910, Subjective video quality assessment methods for multimedia applications, ITU-T (September 1999) Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, H., Choi, S.: A Study on a QoS/QoE Correlation Model for QoE assessment on IPTV Service. In: IEEE ICACT 2010 (February 2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Dai, Q., Lehnert, R.: Impact of Packet Loss on the Perceived Video Quality. In: IEEE INTERNET 2010 (September 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.ITU-T J.143 User Requirements for Objective Perceptual Video Quality Measurements in Digital Cable Television Series J: Transmission of Television, Sound Programme and Other Multimedia Signals Measurement of the Quality of Service (May 2000) Google Scholar
- 8.Yamagishi, K., Hayashi, T.: Parametric Packet-Layer Model for Monitoring Video Quality of IPTV Services. In: IEEE ICC 2008 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Hurricane WAN Emulation & Network Simulation, PacketStorm Communications, Inc., http://www.packetstorm.com/