A Study on Image Processing Based Leaf Area Measurement
Leaf parameters are the most important information for making cultivation method in productive, studies of plant growth element. In this paper, we introduce the image processing method of homography in leaf area estimation. In leaf area image processing steps for leaf area estimation, the first step for measuring is image capturing and frame storing so that the required leaf sample can be acquired. When the leaf is being captured, leaf is put on a white paper with a square reference marker. Leaf is placed in parallel with square marker. The second step is image preprocessing for changing color space and removing noise. The third step is extracting maker area and calculating size from the image frame. The marker has shape of square and diameter of square is 1centimeter. The last step is leaf area extracting and calculation.
We introduce system that a method of compensating an image distortion using planar homography. Experimentally, we have determined that leaf area 94.0645Cm2.
KeywordsLeaf area Homography Image processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, C.K., Jung, I.G., Sung, J.H., Lee, B.Y., Chung, S.O., Park, W.K.: The Current Status Analysis of Precision Agriculture Research in USA and Japan. J. Korean Soc. Int. Agr. 17, 133–140 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Mohsenin, N.N.: Physical properties of plant and animal materials, pp. 107–110. Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, NewYork (1986)Google Scholar
- 4.Caldas, L.S., Bravo, C., Piccolo, H., Faria, C.R.S.M.: Measurement of leaf area with a hand-scanner linked to a microcomputer. Revista Brasileira de Fisiologia Vegetal 4(1), 17–20 (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Liebowitz, D., Zisserman, A.: Metric Rectification for Perspective Images of Planes. In: Proc. CVPR, pp. 482–488 (June 1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Malik, S., Roth, G., McDonald, C.: Robust 2D Tracking for Real-time Augmented Reality. In: Proceeding of Vison Interface (VI), pp. 399–406 (2002)Google Scholar