Conclusions and Outlook
The final Chap. 6 sums up the results of the book and presents an Outlook on various new directions for which the concepts developed in the book provide a basis. Examples that are addressed concern the presence of evaporation, films on finite or structured surfaces, metallic films, external fields on the films, but also polar gels which are model systems for the dynamics of cells on surfaces.
KeywordsPolymer Film Contact Line Metallic Film Hydrodynamic Theory Evaporation Effect
- Ausserré, D., Brochard-Wyart, F., de Gennes, P.G.: Dewetting of an incompressible, stratified fluid. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris 320, 131–136 (1995) Google Scholar
- de Gennes, P.G.: Dewetting between a porous solid and a rubber. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris 318, 1033–1037 (1994) Google Scholar
- de Gennes, P.G., Brochard-Wyart, F., Quéré, D.: Gouttes, Bulles, Perles et Ondes. Belin, Paris (2005) Google Scholar
- Kruse, K., Joanny, J.F., Jülicher, F., Prost, J., Sekimoto, K.: Generic theory of active polar gels: a paradigm for cytoskeletal dynamics. Eur. Phys. J. 16, 5–16 (2005) Google Scholar
- Trice, J., Thomas, D., Favazza, C., Sureshkumar, R., Kalyanaraman, R.: Pulsed-laser-induced dewetting in nanoscopic metal films: theory and experiment. Phys. Rev. E 75, 235439 (2007) Google Scholar