Part of the Alliance for Global Sustainability Bookseries book series (AGSB, volume 18)
- 1.4k Downloads
The purpose of this chapter is to provide useful examples of how one could address important issues such as CE marking and calculating the carbon footprint of products.
KeywordsCarbon Footprint Life Cycle Stage Technical Documentation Printed Wiring Board Conformity Assessment
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Directive 2006/42/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2006 on machinery, and amending Directive 95/16/EC (recast); OJ 9.06.2006; L157/24Google Scholar
- 2.EC 2000, Guide to the implementation of directives based on the New Approach and the Global Approach (http://europa.eu.int/comm/enterprise/newapproach/newapproach.htm)
- 3.Commission Regulation (EC) No 107/2009 of 4 February 2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council with regard to ecodesign requirements for simple set-top boxes; OJ 5.2.2009: L36/13Google Scholar
- 5.Council decision of 22 July1993 concerning the modules for the various phases of the conformity assessment procedures and the rules for the affixing and use of the CE conformity marking, which are intended to be used in the technical harmonization directives OJ 30.08.1993; L 220, 0023–0039Google Scholar
- 6.Mudgal, S. Lyama, S. Turunen, L. Tinetti, B.: Preparatory Studies for Eco-design Requirements of EuPs (II) Lot 18 Complex set-top boxes Final Report, Bio Intelligence Service, European Commission DG TREN, 2007Google Scholar
- 8.ISO WD 14067:2009; Carbon footprint of products-Part 1 quantificationGoogle Scholar
- 9.IPCC, 2007, Fourth Assessment report: Climate change 2007: The Physical Science Basis, Cambridge University PressGoogle Scholar
- 10.Swiss Centre for Life Cycle Inventories, 2009; Ecoinvent Database v 2.1, 1998–2009Google Scholar
- 11.European Commission DG TREN, 2008; Preparatory studies for Eco-design requirements of EuPs lot 18 Complex set-top-boxes final reportGoogle Scholar
- 12.ISO/IEC Guide 2, 1996Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010