Errors and Medicolegal Issues in Interventional Radiology
“You land a million planes safely, then you have one little mid-air and you never hear the end of it” (Air Traffic Controller, New York TRACON, Westbury Long Island).
KeywordsCommon Femoral Artery Arterial Puncture International Civil Aviation Organization Litigation Risk Sentinel Event
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Marchant J (2001) Rising malpractice threat prompts caution. Diagn Imag Eur 17:2624–2639Google Scholar
- 3.Spring DB, Tennenhouse DJ (1986) Radiology malpractice lawsuits: California jury verdicts. Radiology 159:11–814Google Scholar
- 5.van Sonnenberg E, Barton JB, Wittich GR (1993) Radiology and the law, with an emphasis on interventional radiology. Radiology 187:297–303Google Scholar
- 8.Kohn LT, Corrigan JM, Donaldson MS (eds) (1999) To err is human: building a safer health care system. National Academy Press, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- 18.Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. Sentinel event policy and procedures. http://www. Joint commission.org/SentinelEvents/ Policy and Procedures/. Accessed October 12, 2006Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Italia 2012