What is new about sepsis and organ failure? In a few moments we will hear about sepsis terminology, the incidence and mortality of sepsis, new mediators and reasons for failure in therapy. I will not comment on the areas where our speakers are the experts. I look forward to learning from them.
KeywordsThoracic Duct Consensus Polymerase Chain Reaction Confuse Concept Critical Bridge Implant Left Ventricular
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.Zimmer S, Heiss M, Schardey H et al (1998) Inflammatory syndrome after endovascular aortic prothesis — A comparative study. Langenbecks Arch Chir 1:13–17Google Scholar
- 13.Spanier TB, Oz MC, Stern DM et al. Long term implanted left ventricular assist devices function as immune-inflammatory organs. Am J Thor and Cardiovasc Surg (in press)Google Scholar
- 14.Naturally occurring anticoagulants and negative outcomes in trauma patients. Soc Crit Care Med Symposium Highlights, 1998Google Scholar
- 21.Offner PJ, Moore EE, Biffl WL (1999) Male gender is a risk factor for post-injury major infections. Arch Surg (in press)Google Scholar
- 22.Eachempati SR, Hydo LJ, Barie PS (1999) Is there a gender-based difference in outcome for septic patients admitted to the surgical ICU? Arch Surg (in press)Google Scholar