Anaesthesia and postoperative care of children and neonates undergoing cardiac surgery, including transplantation
Despite prenatal diagnosis, the incidence, of congenital heart diseases remains between 5.5 to 8.6 per 1000 livebirths . It is stable over the years. This overall rate encompasses a large combination of diseases which are not equally severe. Looking to critical congenital heart diseases requiring intervention in infancy, the reported number is rather constant: 3.5% .
KeywordsNitric Oxide Pulmonary Hypertension Congenital Heart Disease Cardiopulmonary Bypass Pulmonary Artery Pressure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Rudolph AM (ed) (1974) Congenital diseases of the heart. Yearbook Medical Publishers, ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- 3.Hickey PR, Wessel DL (1987) Anaesthesia for treament of congenital heart disease. In: Kaplan JA (ed) Cardiac anaesthesia. Grune and Stratton, Orlando, pp 635–723Google Scholar
- 4.Meliones JN, Kern FH, Schulman SR, Ungerleider RM, Greeley WJ (1996) Pathophysiological directed approach to congenital heart disease: a perioperative perspective. In: Greeley WJ (ed) Perioperative management of the patient with congenital heart disease. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, pp 1–42Google Scholar
- 5.Dunn JM, Donner RM (eds) (1990) Heart transplantation in children. Futura, Mount KiscoGoogle Scholar
- 9.Hickey PR, Hansen DD (1984) Fentanyl- and sufentanil-oxygen-pancuronium anaesthesia for cardiac surgery in infants. Anaesth Analg 63:117–124Google Scholar
- 12.Kern FH, Schulman S, Greeley WJ (1996) Cardiopulmonary bypass: techniques and effects. In: Greeley WJ (ed) Perioperative management of the patient with congenital heart disease. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, pp 67–120Google Scholar
- 13.Gruenwald CE, Andrew M, Burrows FA, Williams WG (1993) Cardiopulmonary bypass in neonate. Adv Cardiac Surg 4:137–156Google Scholar
- 14.Pouard P, Journois D, Greeley WJ (1996) Hemofiltration and pediatric cardiac surgery. In: Greeley WJ (ed) Perioperative management of the patient with congenital heart disease. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, pp 121–132Google Scholar
- 21.Hausdorf G (1993) Experience with phosphodiesterase inhibitors in paediatric cardiac surgery. Eur J Anaesth 10(Suppl 8):25–30Google Scholar
- 23.Aouifi A, Filley S, Neidecker J, Helal N, Bompard D, Vedrinne C, Blanc P, Laroux MC, Bouvier H, Girard C, Lehot JJ (1997) Methaemoglobin (MetHb) production during nitric oxide (NO) inhalation. Br J Anaesth 78(Suppl 2):47Google Scholar
- 24.Ivy DD, Kinsella JP, Ziegler JW, Abman SH (1998) Dipyridamole attenuates rebound pulmonary hypertension after inhaled nitric oxide withdrawal in postoperative congenital heart disease. 115:875–882Google Scholar