The Complexities of Sepsis and Organ Dysfunction
I am pleased to join Professor Gullo in welcoming all of you to the Sixth Organ Failure Academy Meeting here in Trieste, Italy, and to the program today, “An update on the pathophysiology of and potential therapy for sepsis and organ dysfunction”.
KeywordsTumor Necrosis Factor Organ Failure Organ Dysfunction Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Multiple Organ Failure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hunter J (1823) Treatise on the blood, inflammation, and gunshot wounds. 2nd edn James Webster, Philadelphia, p 205Google Scholar
- 2.Baue AE (1997) SIRS, MODS, MOF — Why no magic bullets? Arch Surg 132:1–5Google Scholar
- 5.Members of the American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine Consensus Conference Committee (1992) American College of Chest Physicians/Society of Critical Care Medicine consensus conference: definitions of sepsis and organ failure and guidelines for the use of innovative therapies in sepsis. Crit Care Med 20:864–874CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Thomas L (1970) Adaptive aspects of inflammation, third symposium intemational inflammation club. Excerpta Medica 108. Upjohn Co, KalamazooGoogle Scholar
- 9.Ehrlich P, Morgenroth J (1901) Uber Hämolysins. Fünfte Mitheilung. Beri Klin Wochenschr 38:251–257Google Scholar
- 10.Baue AE (1994) Organ dysfunction (MODS) — Organ failure (MOF) and Therapeutic conundrums in injured and septic patients. A Gullo (ed) Organ Failure Academy. Foghazza, Milan, 2:9–39Google Scholar