Postoperative advantages of regional anaesthesia
Part of the Topics in Anaesthesia and Critical Care book series (TIACC)
Since facilitating surgery is the traditional aim of anaesthesia, the role of regional anaesthesia (RA) in terms of intraoperative and postoperative advantages has hardly been considered.
KeywordsEpidural anaestheSia Total Knee Replacement Functional Residual Capacity Postoperative Pain Relief Epidural Local Anaesthetic
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Editorial (1996) More or better-Educating the patient about the Anaesthesiologist’s role as Perioperative Physician. Anaesth Analg 83: 671–672Google Scholar
- 2.Johnstone RE, Martinec CL (1993) Costs of Anaesthesia. Anaesth Analg 76.840–848Google Scholar
- 4.Narbone RF, Hopkins EM, McCarthy RJ, Ivankovich AD (1993) Cost-effectivenes analysis of anaesthetic usage pattern for total knee replacement. Anaesthesiology 79: A1065Google Scholar
- 9.Sharrock NE, Cazan MG, Hargett MJ, Russo PW, Wilson PD (1995) Changes in mortality after total hip and knee arthroplasty over a ten-year period. Anaesth Analg 80: 242248Google Scholar
- 12.Grass JA (1993) Surgical outcome. Regional anaesthesia and analgesia versus general anaesthesia. Anaesth Rev 20: 117–125Google Scholar
- 13.De Leon Casasola O, Parker BM, Lema M, Groth RI, Orsini-Fuentes J (1994) Epidural analgesia versus intravenous patient controlled analgesia: differences in the postoperative course of cancer patients. Reg Anaesth 19: 307–315Google Scholar
- 15.Khelet H (1994) Postoperative pain relief. A look from the other side. Reg Anaesth 19: 369–377Google Scholar
- 16.De Leon Casasola O, Lema MG, Karabella D, Harrison P (1995) Postoperative myocardial ischemia — epidural versus intravenous patient-controlled analgesia — a pilot study. Reg Anaesth 20: 105–112Google Scholar
- 18.Ballantyne J et al (1998) The comparative effects of postoperative analgesic therapies on pulmonary outcome: cumulative meta-analyses of randomised, controlled trials. Anaesth Analg 86: 598–612Google Scholar
© Springer Verlag Italia, Milano 1999