Adaptive Fuzzy Control of a Process with Bifurcations
Several fuzzy controllers with different structures have been considered for the control of systems with bifurcation. A mixed feedforward-feedback structure with some additional adaptation mechanisms have been checked by simulation in the control of a non-linear process constituted by a bubble column in which a slow kinetics auto-catalytic reaction takes place. Simulation results show the validity of some of the proposed controllers in avoiding the system reaching bifurcation and instability conditions.
KeywordsBifurcation Diagram Bifurcation Point Fuzzy Controller Feedback Controller Adaptive Controller
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hale J.K., Kogak H. (1996) Dynamics and Bifurcations. Springer-Verlag, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Tung P.C.. Shaw S.W. (1988) The dynamics of an impact print hammer. ASME J. Vibration, Acoustics, Stress and Reliability in Design, 110, 193–200Google Scholar
- 3.Baillieul J. (1993) Stable motions of mechanical systems with oscillatory inputs In: Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS), Symposium Book of Abstracts, Vol. 53 Regensburg, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 4.Cibrario M., Lvine J. (1991) Saddle-node bifurcation control with application to thermal runaway of continuous stirred tank reactors. In: Proc. 30th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Brighton, England. 1551–2Google Scholar
- 5.Henrich E., Mingori D., Monkewitz P. (1992) Control of pitchfork and Hopf bifurcations. IN: Proc. American Control Conference, Chicago, 2217–2221Google Scholar
- 7.Lee H.C., Abed E.H. (1991) Washout filters in the bifurcation control of high alpha flight dynamics. Proc. American Control Conference, Boston, 206–211Google Scholar
- 9.Kim T., Abed E.H. (1999) Stationary bifurcation control for systems with uncontrollable linearization. Technical Research Report, ISR, University of MarylandGoogle Scholar
- 10.Chen G.R., Fang J.Q., Hong Y.G., Qin H.S. (1999) Controlling Hopf bifurcation: continuous-time systems. Acta Phisica Sinica, Vol. 8 (6), 416–422Google Scholar
- 11.Galluzzo M., Ducato R., Bartolozzi V., Picciotto A. (2000) Expert control of DO in the aerobic reactor of an activated sludge process. IN: Pierucci, S. ed. European synposium on computer aided process engineering -10, Elsevier, 199–204Google Scholar
- 16.Doedel E.J. (1981) AUTO: a program for the automatic bifurcation analysis of autonomous systems. Congressus Numerantium, 30, 265–284Google Scholar
- 17.Mancusi E., Maffettone P.L., Crescitelli S. (2001) A non linear analysis of a bubble column with autocatalytic reactions (in this same book )Google Scholar
- 20.Wang L.X. (1994) Adaptive fuzzy systems and control. Prentice-HallGoogle Scholar