Virtual Reality in Clinical Abdominal MR Imaging
Continuous advances in the capabilities of computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) hardware have made the availability of high-resolution isotropic data volumes part of the every day clinical environment. With the aid of sophisticated algorithms and high performance computing, cross-sectional MR imaging data of the abdomen may be rendered as direct three-dimensional (3D) representations of selected structures. Various post-processing routines, including virtual intraluminal endoscopy (VIE) can be applied to these data sets.
KeywordsMagnetic Resonance Angiography Compute Tomography Colonography Volume Rendering Magn Reson Image Virtual Colonoscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rubin GD, Beaulieu CF, Argiro V, Ringl H, Norbash AM, Feller JF, et al. (1996) Perspective volume rendering of CT and MR Images: Applications for endoscopic imaging. Radiology 199(5):323–330Google Scholar
- 2.Vining DJ (1996) Virtual endoscopy: Is it reality? Radiologv 200:30–31Google Scholar
- 3.Geiger B, Kikinis R (1994) Simulation of endoscopy. In: AAAI spring symposium series: Applications of computer vision in medical image processing. Stanford University, pp 138–140Google Scholar
- 4.Vining DJ, Shifrin RY, Grishaw EK, et al. (1994) Virtual colonoscopy. Radiology 193:446 (abstract)Google Scholar
- 6.Leung DA, McKinnon GC, Davis CP, Pfammatter T, Krestin GP, Debatin JF (1996) Breathheld contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography. Radiology 201:569–571Google Scholar
- 8.Prince MR (1994) Gadolinium-enhanced MR aortography. Radiologv 191:155–164Google Scholar
- 10.Debatin JF, Schmid MR, Knesplova L, Hany TF, Schlumpf R, Bauerfeind P (1998) 3D MR gastrography: Exoscopic and endoscopic analysis of the stomach. Eur Radiol (in press)Google Scholar
- 13.Hany TF, McKinnon GC, Leung DA, Pfammatter T, Debatin JF (1997) Optimization of contrast timing for breath-hold 3D MR angiography. J Magn Reson Imaging 7:552–557.Google Scholar
- 14.Hany TF, Schmidt M, Steiner P, Debatin JF (1999) Optimization of contrast dosage for gadolinium-enhanced 3D MRA of the pulmonary and renal arteries. Magn Reson Imaging (in press).Google Scholar
- 17.Hany TF, Schmidt M, Davis CP, Goedhe SC, Debatin JF (1999) Evaluation of 4 different post-processing techniques in the evaluation of contrast-enhanced 3D MR angiography. AJR Am J Roentgenol (in press).Google Scholar
- 20.Debatin JF, Schoenenberger A, Bauerfeind P, Krestin GP (1997) In vivo exoscopic and endoscopic MR-imaging of the colon. Am J Radiol 169:1085–88Google Scholar
- 21.Luboldt W, Steiner P, Bauerfeind P, Pelkonen P, Debatin JF (1998) Detection of mass lesions with MR colonography: Preliminary report. Radiology (in press)Google Scholar