Pacing in Atrial Fibrillation: Therapies for Rate Control
Atrial fibrillation is the most common atrial arrhythmia in Western Europe. It is associated with a poor prognosis and increasing costs for the health care system .
KeywordsAtrial Fibrillation Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation Persistent Atrial Fibrillation Ventricular Pace Ventricular Rate
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wyse DG on behalf of the AFFIRM Investigators (2002) Survival in patients presenting with atrial fibrillation: the Atrial Fibrillation Follow-up Investigation of Rhythm Management (AFFIRM) Study. Late breaking trials, ACC 2002Google Scholar
- 3.Crijns HJ, van Gelder IC, Tijssen JG, Hagens VE, Bosker HA, Kamp O, Kingma T, Kingma JH (2002) Rate-control versus electrical cardioversion for persistent atrial fibrillation. A randomized comparison of two treatment strategies concerning mortality and morbidity: the RACE Study. Late breaking trials, ACC 2002Google Scholar
- 5.Lechat P, Hulot J-S, Escolano S, Mallet A, Leizorovicz A, Werhlen-Grandjean M, Pochmalicki G, Dargie H, on behalf of the CIBIS II Investigators (2001) Heart rate and cardiac rhythm relationships with bisoprolol benefit in chronic heart failure in CIBIS II trial. Circulation 103:1428–1433Google Scholar
- 6.Deedwania PC, Singh BN, Ellenbogen K, Fisher S, Fletcher R, Singh SN, for the Department of Veterans Affairs CHF-STAT Investigators (1998) Spontaneous conver-sion and maintenance of sinus rhythm by amiodarone in patients with heart failure and atrial fibrillation. Circulation 98:2574–2579PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Labonte RE (2000) Symptom reduction through ventricular rate stabilization in patients with conducted chronic atrial fibrillation. Europace Suppl D 1:10/4Google Scholar
- 12.Levy T, Walker S, Mason M, Spurrell P, Rex S, Brant S, Paul V (2001) Importance of rate control or rate regulation for improving exercise capacity and quality of life in patients with permanent atrial fibrillation and normal left ventricular function: a randomised controlled study. Heart 85:171–178PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Lemke B, Fischer W, Schulten HK (1996) Richtlinien zur Herzschrittmachertherapie. Z Kardiol 85:611–628Google Scholar
- 14.Irnich W (2002) German pacemakerregistry.http://www.med.uni-giessen.de/technik/index-e.html
- 15.Schuchert A, Helms S, Meinertz T, on behalf of the LOP Investigators (1999) Effects of the indication for cardiac pacing and the pacing mode on the mortality after pacemaker implantation. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:A18Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Italia 2003