Other Renewable Energy Sources for Hydrogen Production
Other sources of renewable energy are available for hydrogen production: hydroelectricity, tidal energy, wave energy, ocean thermal energy, solar thermal energy and biomasses can all be considered as alternatives to wind energy and solar photovoltaic energy. The advanced production procedures based on the reaction of sunlight with organic and inorganic materials can be another viable technique to obtain hydrogen.
KeywordsHydrogen Production Hydroelectric Plant Tidal Energy Rankine Cycle Usual Methane
- 2.Baker A C (1991) Tidal power, Peter Peregrinus Ltd, LondonGoogle Scholar
- 4.Bruch V L (1994) An Assessment of Research and Development Leadership in Ocean Energy Technologies. SAND93-3946. Sandia National Laboratories: Energy Policy and Planning DepartmentGoogle Scholar
- 7.Herbich J B (2000) Handbook of coastal engineering. McGraw-Hill Professional, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 8.Mauseth J D (2008) Botany: An Introduction to Plant Biology, 4th ed. Jones & Bartlett Publishers, SudburyGoogle Scholar
- 11.Vignais PM, Billoud B and Meyer J (2001) Classification and phylogeny of hydrogenases. FEMS Microbiol Rev. 25 (4): 455–501Google Scholar