CT Colonography: Updated
Computed tomography (CT) colonography has been in development for more than a decade, with hundreds of articles now published on its performance and technical capabilities. With the conclusion and publication of the National CT Colonography trial  and endorsement of the technique for screening by a multi-society task force (including the American Cancer Society, American College of Radiology, US Multi-society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer) , the clinical validation of CT colonography in the prepared colon has been completed. This chapter highlights the most important current issues for CT colonography.
KeywordsCompute Tomography Colonography Virtual Colonoscopy Develop Colon Cancer Extracolonic Finding Compute Tomography Compute Tomography
- 2.Levin B, Lieberman DA, McFarland B et al (2008) Screening and surveillance for the early detection of colorectal cancer and adenomatous polyps, 2008: a joint guideline from the American Cancer Society, the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer, and the American College of Radiology. Gastroenterology 134:1570–1595CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 6.Fletcher JG, Johnson CD, Toledano A et al (2005) ACRIN 6664: Lessions for CT colonography (CTC) training and certification. Radiological Society of North America Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting Program, Chicago, ILGoogle Scholar
- 7.Johnson CD, Chen MH, Toledano A et al. The National CT Colonography Trial Protocol, ACRIN 6664. http://wwwacrinorg/Portals/0/Protocols/6664/Protocol-ACRIN%206664%20 Amendment%201,%207706pdfGoogle Scholar
- 12.Radiation risk in perspective (2004) Position Statement of the Health Physics SocietyGoogle Scholar
- 13.Waye JD, Kahn O, Auerbach ME (1996) Complications of colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 6:342–377Google Scholar