The urogenital system is frequently the site of congenital anomalies, which occur in 0.2–2% of all live births (Table 7.1). The timely and accurate diagnosis both pre- and postnatally is vital, especially in major malformations, and is aimed at safeguarding renal function, urinary continence and normal sexual function.
KeywordsPosterior Urethral Valve Urethral Diverticulum Ectopic Ureter Cystic Nephroma Bicornuate Uterus
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Campbell MF (1970) Anomalies of the kidney. In: Campbell MF, Harrison GH (eds) Urology. WB Saunders Co., PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- Matsell DG, Bennet T, Goodyer P et al (1996) The pathogenesis of multicystic kidney disease: insights from the study of fetal kidney. Lav Invest 74:883–893Google Scholar
- Campbell MF (1970) Anomalies of the ureter. In: Campbell MF, Harrison GH (eds) Urology. WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia, pp 1487–1670Google Scholar
- Chwalla R (1927) The process of formation of cystic dilatation of the vesical end of the ureter and diverticula at the ureteral ostium. Urol Cutan Ren 31:499Google Scholar
- Stephens FD (1983) Congenital malformation of the urinary tract. Praeger, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- King LR, Stephens FD (1976) Vesicoureteral reflux: history, etiology, and conservative management. In: Kelalis PP, King LR (eds) Clinical pediatric urology. WB Saunders Co., Philadelphia, p 342Google Scholar
- Riccabona M, Fotter R (2006) Radiographic studies in children with disorders: what to do and when. In: Hogg R (ed) Kidney disorders in children and adolescents. Taylor and Francis, Birmingham, pp 15–34Google Scholar
- Chrispin AR, Gordon I, Hall C et al (1980) Diagnostic imaging of the kidney and urinary tract in children. Springer-Verlag, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Mollard P (1984) Les diverticules vescicaux. In: Mollard P 1984 Précis d’urologie de l’enfant. Masson, Paris, p 187Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 2009