Although multi-detector computed tomography (MDCT) is widely available, its use is curtailed in three groups of patients: pediatric patients, pregnant patients, and the morbidly obese.
KeywordsObese Patient Compute Tomography Colonography None None Optical Colonoscopy Noise Index
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Over-weight and Obesity. Department of Health and Human Services Web site. http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/obesity/trend/index.htm. Accessed January 28, 2008.Google Scholar
- 7.Personal Communication Richard BenediktGoogle Scholar
- 8.Vannier MW (2006) MDCT of massively obese patients. In: Stanford radiology 8th Annual International Symposium on Multidetector-Row CT. Stanford p 78–79Google Scholar
- 9.Vannier MW, Johnson PJ, Dachman A et al (2005) Multidetector CT of massively obese patients. In: 2005 Radiological Society of North America Meeting (RSNA) Chicago 2005Google Scholar
- 11.Kalra M, Schmidt B, Suess C et al (2005) Comparison of single and dual source 64 channel MDCT scanner for evaluation of large patients: a phantom study. In: 2005 Radiological Society of North America Meeting (RSNA) Chicago, 2005Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Italia 2008