The importance of searching signals from “non-standard” physics has been growing in the last years, in spite of the astounding success of the Standard Model in predicting particle existence and behaviour. In particular the Lepton Flavor Violating (LFV) processes, and exspecially the µ → e + γ decay, are a very promising field to probe effect of physics beyond the Standard Model . Thus the MEG experiment has been proposed and is in an advanced phase of construction at the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI).
KeywordsPhoton Detector Branch Ratio Drift Chambers Lepton Flavor Violate Paul Scherrer Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Masiero, talk given at this MeetingGoogle Scholar
- 3.http://meg.web.psi.chGoogle Scholar
- 4.S. Dussoni, “In search for lepton-flavor violation: the MEG experiment”, Università di Genova (2006), available at http://www.ge.infn.it/dussoni/PhDthesis.psGoogle Scholar
- 5.R. Valle, Development of the Timing Counters for the MEG experiment, PhD Thesis, Università di Genova (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.G. Signorelli, PhD Thesis, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa (2004)Google Scholar