Since its discovery, the top quark has appeared to be a very special object. It is distinguished by its large mass (∼ 170GeV/c 2), that is intriguingly close to the scale of EW symmetry breaking, and a Yukawa coupling surprisingly close to one Open image in new window . Are these only accidents? Is the top mass generated by the Higgs mechanism as the SM predicts, or does it play a more fundamental role in the EWSB? How new physics could affect the top quark properties? Next generation colliders will certainly contribute to solve these questions.
KeywordsAnomalous Coupling Semileptonic Channel High Luminosity Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Beneke et al., (2000), hep-ph/0003033.Google Scholar
- 2.R.M. Harris, C.T. Hill, S.J. Parke, (1999), hep-ph/9911288.Google Scholar
- 3.[CDF Coll.], Phys. Rev. D 75, 111103 (2007); [DØ Coll.], Phys. Rev. D 74, 112004 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.[CMS Coll.], J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys., 34, 995 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.[DØ Coll.], Phys. Rev. Lett., 98, 181802 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.[CDF Coll.], FERMILAB-PUB-0= 7-455-E. Submitted to Phys. Rev. Lett. September 6, 2007; [DØ Coll.], DØ conference note 5443 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.E. Cogneras, D. Pallin, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2006-033.Google Scholar
- 8.Phys. Lett. B 476, 323 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 041801 (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.[CDF and DØ Coll.], hep-ex/0703034v1.Google Scholar
- 12.[CDF Coll.], Phys. Rev. D 73, 111103(R) (2006); [DØ Coll.], Phys. Rev. D Rap. Comm. 75, 031102(R), (2007).Google Scholar
- 13.J.A. Aguilar-Saavedra, J. Carvalho et al., ATL-PHYS-PUB-2006-031.Google Scholar
- 14.[CDF Coll.], Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 102003 (2005); [DØ Coll.], Phys. Lett. B 639, 616 (2006).Google Scholar