Econophysicists Collaboration Networks: Empirical Studies and Evolutionary Model
Scientific collaboration network gives a nice description for communications among scientists. In order to show the status of the research in Econophysics, we have collected papers in Econophysics and constructed a network of scientific communication to integrate idea transportation among econophysicists by collaboration, citation and personal discussion. Inspired by scientific collaboration networks, especially our empirical analysis of econophysicists network, an evolutionary model for weighted networks is proposed. The model shows the scale-free phenomena in degree and vertex weight distribution. The results of short term evolution are consistent well qualitatively with the empirical results.
KeywordsWeighted Network Collaboration Network Link Weight Vertex Weight Personal Discussion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Bagler G. (2004) Analysis of the Airport Network of India as a complex weighted network, arXiv:cond-mat/0409773Google Scholar
- 11.Antal T., Krapivsky P.L., Weight-driven growing networks, Phys. Rev. E 71: 026103Google Scholar
- 16.Dorogovtsev S N and Mendes J F F (2004) Minimal models of weighted scalefree networks, arXiv: cond-mat/0408343Google Scholar
- 18.Fan Y., Li M., Chen J., Gao L., Di Z., Wu J. (2004) Netwok of econophysicists: a weighted network to investigate the development of ecnophysics, International Journal of Modern Physics B Vol. 18, Nos. 17–19: 2505–2511; Li M., Fan Y., Chen J., Gao L., Di Z., Wu J. (2005) Weighted networks of scientific communication: the measurement and topological role of weight, Physica A 350: 643–656CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar
- 21.Li M., Wang D., Fan Y., Di Z. and Wu J. (2006) Modelling weighted networks using connection count, New Journal of Physics 8: 72; Li M., Wu J., Wang D., Zhou T., Di Z., Fan Y. (2007) Evolving model of weighted networks inspired by scientific collaboration networks, Physica A 375: 355–364CrossRefADSGoogle Scholar