The presence of a heavy neutral gauge bosons Z′, besides the Z 0, is foreseen in various non-SUSY models. There are no reliable theoretical predictions, however, of its mass scale. Current lower limits from LEP and the Tevatron on the Z′ mass  are 600–900GeV, depending on the model. LHC is going to be the first opportunity to search for Z′ bosons in a mass range significantly larger than 1TeV: here we review a work on the process Z′ → μ + μ −, for a work concerning Z′ → ee we suggest the reading of .
KeywordsExtra Dimension Integrate Luminosity Warped Extra Dimension Mass Reach Extra Neutral Gauge Boson
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Review of Particle Properties, K. Hagiwara et al., Phys. Rev. D 66 (2002) 328.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Shaefer et al, Z′ → ee studies in full simulation, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2005-010(2005).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Cousins ET AL., CMS Note 2005/002 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Sjostrand ET AL, hep-ph/0108264, (2001).Google Scholar
- 6.R.N. Mohapatra, Unification and Supersymmetry, Springer-Verlag, (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.For the English version of these works see T. Appelquist, A. Chodos and P.G.O. Freund, Modern Kaluza-Klein theories, Addison-Wensley (1987).Google Scholar
- 10.I. Hinchliffe and L. Vacavant, Model independent extra dimension signatures with ATLAS, ATL-PHYS-2000-016 (2000).Google Scholar
- 11.V. Kabachenko, A. Miagkov and A. Zenin, Sentitivity of the ATLAS detector to extra dimensions in di-photon and di-lepton production processes, ATL-PHYS-2001-002 (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.L. R. and R. S., An alternative to compactification, Phys. Rev. Lett. 83 (1999).Google Scholar
- 14.E. Kajfasz, Search for Extra-Dimensions at pp and ep Colliders, ICHEP 2004, Beijing (2004).Google Scholar
- 15.C. Collard and M.-C. Lemaire, Search with the CMS detector for Randall-Sundrum excitations of gravitons decaying into electron pairs, CMS Note 2004/024 (2004).Google Scholar
- 16.E. Meschi et al., Electron Reconstruction in the CMS Electromagnetic Calorimeter, CMS Note 2001-034 (2001).Google Scholar