Qualitative approach for improvising the performance of output pulse of a pulse power modulator
Pulse Modulating system becoming popular and developing technology in the area of high energy science. The pulse modulator are used in various fields like material processing, biomedical instrumentation, use of high power electromagnetic waves for application in defense sector (RADAR SYSTEM), lesser supply Excimer, production of nanopowder. These paper discuses various experiments conducted towards improvement of rise time of output pulse of pulse power modulator (50KV, 10AMP, 10usec pulse width, rise time 212 nsec). To ensure high power efficiency of it is extremely important to have a rise time of less than 1 usec in pulse transformer.
KeywordsRise Time Load Resistance Output Pulse Pulse Transformer Series Operation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Patrick R. Palmer, Member, IEEE and Anthony N. Giyhiari, Student, IEEE “ The Series Connection Of IGBT’s With Active Voltage Sharing”Google Scholar
- 2.G. Busatto, B. Cascone, L. Fratelli, A. Luciano. “Series Connection Of IGBT In Hard Switching Applications”Google Scholar
- 3.D. Borrtis, J. Biela and J. W. Kolar Power Electronics systems Laboratory ETH Zurich ‘Design and Control of an an Active Reset Circuit for Pulse Transformer’Google Scholar
- 4.Ju Won Baek, Member, IEEE, Dong-Wook Yoo, Member, IEEE, and Heung-Geun Kim, Member, IEEE. “ High Voltage Switch using Series Connected IGBT’s With Simple auxiliary Circuit”Google Scholar
- 5.Y suresh Hanumantha “ M. Tech. Dissertation 2006-2008 VJTI Mumbai, Expérimentas on pulse power modulatorGoogle Scholar
- 6.Jose o Rossi, Joaquim Barraso Mario Vella IEEE transsection on plasma scienceGoogle Scholar
- 7.Workshop on power pulse modulator by power beam society of india, june 03, 2006Google Scholar