Reconfigurable cognitive radio technology for next generation networks
Basically Radio is Wireless transmission of signals, by modulation of EM waves with frequencies below those of visible light. And Software Radio (SR) is an ideal radio directly samples the antenna output. On this line Cognitive Radio (CR) can be define as a radio combines an SR with a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA).
KeywordsCognitive Radio Primary User Usage Cognitive Radio Cognitive Radio System Spectrum Utilization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A Statistical Method for Reconfiguration of Cognitive Radios, Weingart, T.; Sicker, D.C.;Grunwald,D.; Wireless Communications, IEEE[see also IEEE Personal Communications] Volume 14, Issue4, August 2007 Page(s):34 – 40 DigitalObjectIdentifier10.1109/MWC.07Google Scholar
- 2.Game Theory to Analyze Physical Layer Cognitive Radio Algorithms, James Neel, Rekha Menon, Jeffrey H. Reed, Allen B. MacKenzieGoogle Scholar
- 3.Overview of Cognitive Radio: Patricia MARTIGNEGoogle Scholar
- 4.Cognitive Radio: From Utopia to Reality Freeband Ambient Communication Event, EnschedeGoogle Scholar
- 5.‘Cognitive Radio Architecture: The Engineering Foundations of Radio XML”, J. Mitola, Wiley, 2006Google Scholar
- 6.J. Mitola, “Software Radio Architecture Evolution: Foundations, Technology Tradeoffs, and Architecture Implications (Invited Paper)” IEICE Transactions on Communications, Special Issue on Software Radio TechnologyGoogle Scholar
- 7.S. Haykin, “Cognitive Radio: Brain-empowered Wireless Communications, IEEE J. Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 23, pp. 201-220, FebruaryGoogle Scholar
- 8.V. Bhargavaand E. Hussain, ed.,” Cognitive Radio Networks”, Springer-Verlag, 2007Google Scholar
- 9.J. Mitola, “Cognitive Radio: Model-Based Competence forSoftware Radio Licentiate Thesis” (Stockholm: KTH) 1999Google Scholar
- 10.J. Mitola III, “Cognitive Radio”, Doctoral Dissertation (Stockholm: KTH) March 2000Google Scholar
- 11.Didier Bourse (Motorola Labs), Rahim Tafazolli (Universityof Surrey, CCSR) BeyondZ3G/ 4G Radio Access Technologies (RATs),and Standards Roadmaps, eMobility Technology Platform Whitepaper Version 1.0 – December 07Google Scholar